5 Fun, Easy and Inexpensive Activities for Summer
Jun. 24, 2018
5 Fun, Easy and Inexpensive Activities for summer!
Summer is here… and while many of us have one or two fun summer trips planned, for the most part, we are planning to stay home. For the next 8 weeks. Check out our list of 5 fun, easy and inexpensive activities that will keep the whole family busy this summer!
- Water: It’s going to be a hot one this summer and what better way to cool off than playing with water. Even if you don’t have a pool or access to a community pool, there are plenty of fun and wet alternatives available: Kiddie pool obstacle course, slip n slides, water balloons and sprinklers are just a few inexpensive activities that will keep the kids laughing and playing all day long. Check out this super creative obstacle course using kiddie pools from our friends at The Kidsperts: http://www.thekidsperts.com/2016/06/create-obstacle-course-in-your-backyard.html
- Go Camping – In your backyard: We were recently chatting with a 9 year old boy while his sisters were away at camp for a week. His favorite part of being home was camping in the backyard with his Mom 3 nights that week! What a great idea for some quality family fun this summer. Pitch a tent, go stargazing and enjoy a campfire and s’mores! If you are looking to spend a little money this summer on camping equipment or other summer vacation needs, Blue Chip FCU has you covered with our low-rate and short-term Summer Loan Special. Promotions
- Take a Hike or Family Bike Ride – We live in such a gorgeous part of the country, South Central PA, with many hiking trails right in our back yard! The best part of hiking… even paved trails go through the woods giving you lots of shade on a hot day. You can pack a lunch and incorporate an outdoor picnic! Check out over 230 hiking trails right here in Pennsylvania at Traillink.com. https://www.traillink.com/state/pa-trails/.
- FREE & Low-Cost Community Events – Thankfully, we are not alone in our goal to entertain our families this summer! Many community organizations and businesses are here to help. Look for free and low-cost community events in your area. This includes movie theatres offering $1 movie days, bowling alleys with Kids Bowl Free events, local library summer reading programs and community activities, and FREE Kid’s workshops at your local Home Depot. There are many opportunities for inexpensive fun in our area. Check out your local newspaper website for events as well as your social media events page. It’s easy to search for free events in your community.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt – What’s more fun than a family scavenger hunt? Give each team a cell phone or camera and a list of items they need to capture. See who can find the most items on the scavenger list. You can even incorporate a fun prize at the end like an ice cream sundae party, with the winning team first in line for sundaes! We found this fun scavenger hunt after a quick search on Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/761460249471254314/